Friday 27 March 2015

The Dedicated Suburbanites who work out Before Dawn

Over the course of the past few weeks, I’ve had the privilege of photographing the students of Annie Deadman’s fitness classes in Hampton Hill for her new website.  And I’m rather ashamed to admit that I’ve pretty much considered the lifting & lugging of my camera equipment and the stretching & contorting of shooting to be sufficient in terms of physical exercise for me.  But truth be told, I’ve been put to shame by the amazing students of Annie’s circuit training, boxing, firming, Pilates and Boot Camp classes.  These often happen at 6am while the majority of country is still warm under their duvets.  

I’ve truly been inspired to get out more and push myself further, especially when I would otherwise have tended to call it a day.  The other thing that I noticed was that Annie’s classes are tough – if one is willing to work, one will get fit.  In fact, the class with the most groaning was Pilates – the one which had the most subtle movements and was easiest to photograph.  Go figure.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment