Thursday 5 December 2013

A world away, 15 minutes away

I love the village I live in, that it’s quiet, leafy and not much happens here.  I’ve never lived in a place where representatives of local government invite residents to a village walkabout to discuss the preservation of the character of the place.  Yes, we were able to do this within 2 hours – that’s how small this place is.

Three overground stations away is Acton – a journey of less than 10 minutes.  It’s another two minute bus journey to Shepherd’s Bush Market and I was able to get there early one Saturday morning recently.  The contrast to Kew is incredible; I hope my pictures give you an idea of that.




































This is the actual market, just as the stallholders were setting up:







No comments:

Post a Comment